The Beatles - Drive My Car



The Beatles - Drive My Car
The Beatles - Drive My Car (Copyright 1965 EMI Records)



"Drive My Car" is a song written by Paul McCartney, with lyrical contributions by John Lennon and first released by The Beatles on the UK version of the 1965 album Rubber Soul; it also appeared in the US on the Yesterday and Today collection. The upbeat, lighthearted "Drive My Car" was used as the opening track for both albums.



The song's male narrator is told by a woman that she's going to be a famous movie star, and she offers him the opportunity to be her chauffeur, adding "and maybe I'll love you." When he objects that his "prospects are good", she retorts that "working for peanuts is all very fine/but I can show you a better time." When he agrees to her proposal, she admits that she doesn't have a car, "but [she's] found a driver and that's a start."



"Drive My Car" was recorded at Abbey Road Studios on 13 October 1965 in the Beatles' first recording session to extend past midnight. McCa

Share:
| More



Newly Uploaded Videos