The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby



The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby 1966



"Eleanor Rigby" is a song by The Beatles, simultaneously released on the 1966 album Revolver and on a 45 rpm single. The song was written by Paul McCartney, but credited to Lennon/McCartney.[1] With a double string quartet arrangement by George Martin, and striking lyrics about loneliness, the song continued the transformation of the group from a mainly pop-oriented act to a more experimental studio band.



As with many of McCartney's songs, the melody and first line of the song came to him as he was playing around on his piano. The name that came to him, though, was not Eleanor Rigby but Miss Daisy Hawkins. In 1966, McCartney recalled how he got the idea for his song:

A promotional poster for the single from the UK.

" I was sitting at the piano when I thought of it. The first few bars just came to me, and I got this name in my head... 'Daisy Hawkins picks up the rice in the church'. I don't know why. I couldn't thin

Share:
| More



Newly Uploaded Videos