The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps



The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps 1968



"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is a song written by George Harrison featuring the lead guitar of Eric Clapton. It was first performed by The Beatles for their double album The Beatles (also known as The White Album).



The song was ranked #135 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, #7 on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time, and #10 on their list of The Beatles 100 Greatest Songs.[2][3][4]



Inspiration for the song came to Harrison when reading the I Ching, which, as he put it, "seemed to me to be based on the Eastern concept that everything is relative to everything else...opposed to the Western view that things are merely coincidental."[5] Taking this idea of relativism to his parents' home in northern England, Harrison committed to write a song based on the first words he saw upon opening a random book. Those words were "gently weeps", and he immediately beg

Share:
| More



Newly Uploaded Videos